Having a residence permit allows foreigners to stay in Ukraine for as long as they need, beyond the 90 days for every 180 days allowance which is available to those from applicable countries with tourist visa-free entry.
Besides, temporary residency provides to e foreigner possibility to get driving license, permanent residency additionally allows employment without work permit and some other benefits.
The full list of grounds to obtain residency in Ukraine is the following:
Temporary residence permit is issued to:
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine for employment in accordance with the law;
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the implementation of international technical assistance projects registered in the prescribed manner;
- foreigners or stateless persons who came to Ukraine to preach religious beliefs, perform religious rites or perform other canonical activities at the invitation of religious organizations and in agreement with the state body that registered the relevant religious organization;
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine to participate in the activities of branches, offices, representative offices and other structural units of foreign non-governmental organizations, duly registered;
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine to work in the representations of foreign business entities in Ukraine, duly registered;
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine for cultural, scientific, educational activities on the grounds and in the manner prescribed by international treaties of Ukraine or special programs;
- foreigners or stateless persons who came to Ukraine to work as a correspondent or representative of foreign media;
- foreigners or stateless persons who are founders and / or participants and / or beneficial owners (controllers) of a legal entity registered in Ukraine, and the size of the share of ownership of which or a foreign legal entity, the beneficiary (controller) of which are such foreigners or stateless persons yes, in the authorized capital of a Ukrainian legal entity is not less than 100 thousand euros at the official exchange rate set by the National Bank on the date of foreign investment;
- foreigners or stateless persons who came to Ukraine to study;
- foreigners or stateless persons who came to Ukraine for the purpose of family reunification with persons who are citizens of Ukraine;
- foreigners or stateless persons who arrived in Ukraine for the purpose of family reunification with the persons who are living in Ukraine on the grounds mentioned in the list;
- to foreigners or stateless persons who are released on the basis of a court decision to cancel the decision on their detention or forced expulsion from Ukraine or who until the end of the stay was not forcibly deported from Ukraine due to the lack of a travel document, transport connection with the country of origin or for other reasons independent of such persons;
- foreigners and stateless persons who provided instructor (shooting, tactical, medical, radio, explosive and other) assistance to units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, other military formations formed in accordance with the laws of Ukraine.
Permanent residence permit is issued to:
- professionals in the fields of science and culture, whose immigration meets the interests of Ukraine;
- highly qualified specialists and workers, the urgent need for which is palpable for the economy of Ukraine;
- persons who have made a foreign investment in the economy of Ukraine in a foreign convertible currency in the amount of not less than 100 (one hundred) thousand US dollars, registered in the manner prescribed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine;
- persons who are full brothers or sisters, grandparents, grandson or granddaughter of citizens of Ukraine;
- persons who previously were citizens of Ukraine;
- parents, husband (wife) of the immigrant and his minor children;
- persons who have continuously resided on the territory of Ukraine for three years from the date of establishing the status of a victim of human trafficking;
- persons who have served in the Armed Forces of Ukraine for three or more years;
- one of the spouses, if the other spouse, from whom he is married for two years, is a citizen of Ukraine, children and parents of citizens of Ukraine;
- persons who are guardians or trustees of citizens of Ukraine, or are under the guardianship or custody of citizens of Ukraine;
- persons who have the right to acquire the citizenship of Ukraine by territorial origin;
- persons whose immigration is of state interest to Ukraine;
- foreign Ukrainians, spouses of foreign Ukrainians, their children in case of their joint entry and residence in the territories of Ukraine.
We assist foreigners in obtaining either a temporary or permanent residency permit, depending on the available grounds. Below is the list of grounds we are able to provide residence permit services for.
|Service||Terms of service||Terms of document||Cost, USD|
|Work permit for foreigner||8 working days||Granted for 1-3 years||250|
|Tax ID for foreigner||7 working days||Indefinite term||50 + cost of notarized POA|
|Temporary residency based on:|
|Work permit||15 working days||Granted for 1-3 years||250|
|Work at Representative Office||15 working days||Granted for 1 year||200|
|Marriage||15 working days||Granted for 1 year||180|
|Investment into economy of Ukraine for 100 000 EUR and more||30 working days||Granted for 1 year||2500|
|Investment into economy of Ukraine for 100 000 USD and more||1 year||Granted for 10 years||1500|
|Marriage for longer than 2 years||1 year||Granted for 10 years||700|
|IT specialty, meeting special requirements||1 year||Granted for 10 years||1400|
We will be glad to hear from you with regards any query and to assist in an application for residency.