- Immigration Services
Visa type D is long-stay visa that allows foreigner to enter Ukraine legally and required to be obtained in cases where a foreigner/stateless person intends to apply for a temporary residence permit to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days (as result of observing work, university studying and so on).
A long-term visa-D is issued by embassies of Ukraine or the consular service department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as a multiple entry visa valid for 90 days with some exclusions. Every foreigner or a stateless person who is required to obtain the visa may apply for her/his visa to the relevant Ukraine’s Embassy or Consulate no earlier than 3 months before the date of the planned entry to Ukraine.
According to Ukraine’s Visa Rules all applicants should provide the following documents in order to apply for their D-visa:
- passport/travel document which should comply with these requirements:
- be valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from Ukraine
- have at least 2 pages free from any visas/marks/stamps
- be issued for no more than 10 years
- printed and signed visa application form
- applicant’s photo (35×45 mm)
- proof that the applicant is a holder of (or is entitled to benefit from) a valid medical/travel insurance policy to cover Ukraine and the period of stay (the policy should provide a minimum of €30 000 or equivalent coverage). Holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement
- proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of stay
- paid visa fee receipt (unless stipulated otherwise by Ukraine’s legislation or Ukraine’s international treaty, please see below more detailed information)
- a certified copy of the work permit issued by Ukraine’s State Centre for Employment / invitation letter issued by a relevant Ukraine’s entity / documents confirming that the applicant is a spouse of a national of Ukraine/ or other documents depending on the ground.
The basic visa fee of Embassy is $65.00. In the case the applicant wants to expedite the service, he should pay a double charge.Visa fees for foreigners from certain countries can differ from basic visa fee above, so please check the information on the following link. Pleases, pay attention to the cost of the visa in the case you have passports from two countries (for example for UK / Ireland) before deciding on what citizen you will apply from for residency.
List of countries whose citizens are not obliged to observe visa-D: